ELIXIR-CH and ELIXIR-SE are pleased to announce an ELIXIR Train the Trainer course, which will take place on 8-10 May at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
Train-the-Trainer courses are for scientists:
- with some to little or no teaching experience,
- who want to become a teacher or a better one, and
- who believe teaching is - or may become - a relevant aspect of their professional development.
This course will cover 4 main topics:
- learning principles and how they apply to education and training;
- teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation;
- design of lessons, course and materials;
- assessment and feedback in training and teaching.
Examples and discussions will also focus on the challenges presented by academic teaching.
Full details and the application form can be found here.
Should you have any question about organizational issues, do not hesitate to contact me, the local organizer.
If you have questions regarding the course goals and content, you may contact the trainers: Jessica Lindvall (email@example.com) and myself.