- Time: 30.11.2023 13:00-17:00
- Type: Workshop
- Language: English
- Duration: 4h
- Location: Delta building, Narva mnt 18 room 1008, Tartu
- Audience: People, who need to clean messy data
- Instructor: Diana Pilvar, MSc
The practical workshop on cleaning your messy data with OpenRefine software.
First, we will cover spreadsheet best practices. Then, we will put that knowledge into practice with OpenRefine. This course will explore the depths of OpenRefine software and see what it can offer. This will include cleaning the data in bigger batches and unifying the data in one sweep (transforms and expressions). Additionally, we will introduce the possibility of downloading additional data from other databases and different extensions OpenRefine software has.
Learning outcomes for the participants:
- Describe spreadsheet best practices
- Compare Excel and OpenRefine
- Apply transforms (cell editing, column editing, transposing) in OpenRefine
- Write simple expressions in OpenRefine
- Match your dataset with that of an external source
We ask you to register responsibly. If you can't attend the lecture, please let us know as soon as possible via email (email@example.com).
In order to not miss out on a course next time, subscribe to our newsletter at https://lists.ut.ee/wws/subscribe/elixir.news?previous_action=edit_list_request
Applications are accepted manually within a few days.