“Data Visualisation I - Figures workshop” will be a follow-up to “Data Visualisation I - Figures” lecture. During the face-to-face workshop held in English we will do data visualisation using ggplot2 and Tableau. We will compare the user experience and the aesthetics of the results of both visualisation options. We will also put to use our knowledge of good practices in data visualisation we learned in the lecture.
Information about the lecture
Place: Delta, Narva mnt 18 ROOM 1005
Registration closes at 23:59 on 24.04.2023 or when the course gets full.
Bring your own laptop!
We do ask you to register for the lecture responsibly. If you can’t attend the course, please let us know as soon as possible via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to not miss out a course next time, subscribe to our newsletter at https://lists.ut.ee/wws/subscribe/elixir.news?previous_action=edit_list_request
Learning outcomes for the participants:
- Knows what chart type to pick for different kinds of data
- Knows what to pay attention to while designing a figure
- Knows how to compare user experience with ggplot2 and Tableau
- Knows how to make informative and visually appealing figures in ggplot2
- Knows how to make informative and visually appealing figures in Tableau